Energy Saving, Carbon Reduction and Greenhouse Gas Reduction Strategies
I. Description of Energy Saving, Carbon Reduction And Greenhouse Gas Reduction
Climate change has become an issue of concern to many countries in recent years, not only posing a threat to people's lives and property, but also bringing an impact on industry. More and more impacts of climate change have hit both the international community and Taiwan over the years, such as rising temperatures, alternating floods and droughts, and an increasing number of extreme weather events, etc., with the resulting effects including the intensification of compound disasters, water shortages, and the destruction of life-sustaining infrastructure, etc. These impacts of climate change will directly and indirectly afflict the manufacturing industry at all levels.
Our Company has set clear goals for environmental protection and energy conservation, and has established management policies for the use of resources and environmental preservation in order to achieve a low-pollution, easily recyclable and friendly environment. Our Company has formulated the following management policy directions in response to climate change and environmental aspects:
1. Energy saving and carbon reduction policy
Efficient use of energy is one of the keys to business sustainability. The use of electricity is the main source of greenhouse gas emissions for our Company. In addition to power saving as the main means to reduce carbon emissions, we also promote energy saving and green power subscription to boost energy efficiency and productivity and minimize the use of non-renewable energy.
2. Greenhouse gas policy
As the global climate environment is gradually worsening due to the impact of greenhouse gases, our Company has embarked on a review of greenhouse gases, promoting greening and tree planting on the premises, adopting LED lighting and other measures, while continuing to encourage all employees to implement the concept of energy saving and carbon reduction in order to mitigate climate warming.
3. Water conservation policy
In the face of global environmental changes, the increasing scarcity of water resources is another important environmental impact that human beings will soon encounter, in addition to energy saving and carbon reduction. To conserve water resources, the Company has planned various water conservation plans in advance, and has actively reduced wastewater generated during the manufacturing process through process improvement, water conservation, and water recycling.
4. Green procurement
In line with the government's promotion of green procurement, the Company's procurement department requires suppliers to comply with environmental protection standards for their materials and production processes, and gives priority to products and raw materials that satisfy green production processes, in the hope that green procurement can cushion the impact on the environment and create an ecological balance for coexistence and co-prosperity.
II. Related Energy Saving and Environmental Protection Measures
1. The air conditioning temperature is set at 26-28°C.
2. The lighting in the office area are all replaced by LED lamps.
3. Turn off lights when leaving, and all office lights are off at the lunch break.
4. Encourage staff to bring their own cutlery at lunchtime and reduce the use of disposable tableware.
5. For internal use, use as much used paper as possible for photocopying to reduce paper consumption.
6. Turn off and unplug the computers after work, and check for lights and air conditioners not turned off. Unplug all but essential electrical appliances during holidays.
7. Smoking is banned in all office and building spaces to reduce air pollution.
8. Promote the reduction of garbage bins to lower the amount of rubbish, and compulsory refuse sorting to enhance the efficiency of recycling.
III. Five-year Reduction Target
1.No more than 5% in average electricity consumption growth
2.Up to 5% water saving on average
3.No more than 6% in average greenhouse gas emissions growth